Taekwondo Tigers (Ages 3–5)
Our Taekwondo Tigers martial arts program is nationally recognized for children ages 3 to 5 and is designed to meet the needs of today’s sophisticated and active child.
Many martial arts programs exclude children in this age range because they lack balance, coordination, attention span, self-control, and discipline. Taekwondo Tigers is a martial arts class for preschoolers, specifically designed to develop these skills and to prepare a child for future success in martial arts, other sports, education, and career
Enrolling your child in our Taekwondo Tigers martial arts program provides these benefits:
• Leadership. One of the core components of our program is the development of young leaders. In class, every child will have many opportunities to practice leadership skills. We teach kids how to speak in front of a group with confidence and clarity; even our most shy children eventually embrace this and have fun with it. Self confidence does not come naturally for some children, but will be developed over time. As a child accomplishes new goals, his or her confidence level increases. There are countless ways these skills will benefit a child later in life.
• Self Defense. Children’s self defense can take many forms. Many parents worry about their child being safe on the street, but often the most pressing need is the ability to defend against threats from bullies. Our martial arts for pre-schoolers classes teach children to think first and appropriately respond in various real-world situations, rather than simply panicking and reacting. Kids will learn the physical tools for defending themselves while focusing on the responsibility that comes along with this knowledge so it’s never misused.
• Safety. As parents, safety is our #1 priority, but no matter how vigilant we are, it can only take a moment for something to go wrong. It’s critically important to empower our children to take an active role in their own protection. Taekwondo Tigers is designed to provide kids with a comprehensive view of personal safety. With fun but firm age-appropriate instruction, kids will learn about stranger danger including tricks and techniques that sophisticated predators use plus the tools to manage this. They’ll also practice fire safety, what to do should they get lost, and general safety tips and techniques.
Taekwondo Tigers provides a total learning activity that will create results in other areas of life. The self-confidence, self-control, and discipline needed for future structured learning will be developed, nurtured, and reinforced. Emphasis is placed on focus, listening skills, memorization, respect, and discipline.
To learn more about our Taekwondo Tigers program, call us at (630) 373-6861 to get started!
Super Taekwondo Kids
Our Super Kids Taekwondo class (ages 6-11) is a robust program blending personal development skills such as leadership, discipline, focus, and goal setting with a traditional art form that incorporates physical fitness, self defense, and safety. Taekwondo keeps kids challenged while encouraging mental fortitude, teaching them that consistency equals achievement. It will help prepare kids for future sports or pursuits of greater difficulty. Plus it’s a fun activity that kids can participate in year-round!
In class, kids will learn the proper techniques for becoming successful martial artists, including kicks, blocks, punches, sparring, and poomsae (also called forms, a predefined series of movements). As they earn their way up the color belt ranks on their way to becoming a Black Belt, kids will demonstrate their newly-developed skills and learn safe techniques for board breaking.
In addition to mastering martial arts techniques, kids will study the traditional Taekwondo virtues of respect, integrity, discipline, compassion, camaraderie, perseverance, loyalty, and pilsung (personal victory). Our kids’ taekwondo classes focus on teaching important values and concepts including honesty, responsibility, and teamwork. They’ll learn what these words mean and how to put them into practice in their own lives.
Super Kids Taekwondo provides numerous benefits, including:
• Increased cardiovascular health, stamina, and muscle strength
• Improved coordination, agility, flexibility, balance, and timing
• Development of self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-control
• Development of goal-setting skills and initiative
• Development of consistency skills and perseverance
• Improved concentration, retention, and self-discipline
• Increased socialization and communication skills
We teach kids that hard work is rewarded with accomplishment. Our motto is “sweat plus sacrifice equals success.” Mix all this together with some good old-fashioned fun and we create “Super Taekwondo Kids.”.
To learn more about Super Kids Taekwondo, call us at (630) 373-6861 to get started!
Taekwondo Teens & Adults
Our Teen and Adult Taekwondo program (ages 12 & up) is designed to provide training in martial arts while teaching real-world self defense techniques, preparing the brain and body to react quickly, and with a clear mind, while under pressure.
With consistent instruction and motivation, you’ll tap into your maximum mental and physical potential as you develop taekwondo skills to protect yourself and earn your Black Belt. You’ll improve self confidence and self control, gain flexibility and agility, build stamina and strength, and get into amazing shape. And you’ll have fun doing it!
Our motto is “Strong Bodies and Clear Minds.” Martial arts not only helps build your physical abilities, it also helps improve your personal and professional life as you become more confident, focused, and goal-oriented.
Each Taekwondo class begins with a thorough warm-up, preparing the body for kicking, punching, blocking, sparring, and poomsae (a fixed series of movements for learning techniques for defense and offense). Students will learn board breaking and weapons defense skills and will practice simulated attacks with their appropriate response.
You’ll be surrounded by supportive Taekwondo instructors and classmates who will encourage and motivate you every step of the way, helping you to achieve your personal goals in a friendly, welcoming environment.
No prior experience is needed to join our program, and students of all ages and fitness levels are welcome.
Taekwondo ranks and achievements (including leadership, competitions, and titles) are a great way to help build a college-bound teenager’s resume.
To learn more about our Teen and Adult Taekwondo program, call us at (630) 373-6861 to get started!