Positive Action Family Programs
Family programs develop team spirit. Our courses are designed to build and strengthen the unity of the family. When parents, siblings, etc. work together as a team, their individual talents will typically improve.
It is more natural for parents and children to create a strong family bond by instilling a life-long loyalty. The whole family can learn to live up to their full potential.
Rewarding Adult Programs
We offer adult programs for all levels of skill. We encourage the participation of men, women, children, parents and even grandparents, because everyone can benefit from the study of martial arts. We treat all of our students with respect, emphasizing the positive attributes of our students, helping them to gain self-esteem and achieve their goals.
Our Black Belt martial arts school stresses discipline and the value of persisting until goals are reached. We believe in following a high standard of values to bring out the good and increase the quality of life. Regular attendance in our special adult programs will result in stress reduction and improved health.
Award-Winning Children’s Programs
We are very concerned with the well-being and education of our children. We understand that younger students have a shorter attention span. Our unique children’s programs use interesting and enjoyable methods to keep the student’s concentration and teach our young members skills that they can use for life.
• We promote non-violent resolutions to conflict. Our methods help children to explore and understand conflict through role-play and other exercises.
• Students will develop confidence, self-discipline and control as they learn how to act and react to the world around them.
• Our young students are treated with respect and are taught to return the same respect to others.
• We believe in praise, encouragement and positive reinforcement. We have incentives for good academic report cards. Students must maintain good academic grades and proper behavior at home to be promoted to a higher rank belt.
• We teach students the value of making goals and working diligently to meet them.
The ability to defend oneself is of the utmost importance in life. Since the beginning, Martial Arts USA has worked with numerous law-enforcement and security agencies. We have taught self-defense to police officers, sheriff’s deputies, correctional officers, executive protection/bodyguards and security personnel. Additionally, our school has conducted hundreds of specializes courses in Women’s Self-Defense, Anti-Bullying and specialized training for healthcare professionals such as EMS technicians and Emergency Room staff.
Experts agree that sports competition is a great way to measure one’s skill and develop confidence. Martial Arts USA has participated in countless tournaments, as well as organized dozens of competitions, from small inter-school invitationals to large national-level events, including the 2001 AAU National Taekwondo Championship and the 2003 Amateur Athletic Union National Junior Olympics, with over 15,000 participants! Our school was the AAU Taekwondo of MI headquarters from 2000-2004. We have trained thousands of athletes of all ages and have produced hundreds of medalists, coaches and referees. Many of our students have even traveled to Korea and trained with Olympic champions!
Training and Seminars for Organizations
Women's Self-Defense Training:
Our school offers seminars that teach women numerous effective techniques which are simple to execute against a variety of attackers. The course includes a lecture on safety, handouts and much more. The seminars, as well as being offered at our school, are available at other facilities as well.
Law Enforcement/Security Training:
We have trained many professionals from all areas of Law Enforcement. Our programs have received high ratings at local, state and federal levels. All participants receive both academic and practical training in a variety of areas. Our Grandmaster is a former instructor of numerous police departments, Homeland Security personnel, U.S. Army Military Police and numerous Corporate and Private Security Agencies. In addition, Law Enforcement/Security employees receive a discount to regular martial arts training programs offered by the school.
Defensive Intervention for Health Care Providers:
Martial Arts USA offers programs which deal with psychiatric hostility without escalating to violence. The philosophies of the medical profession coupled with the techniques of martial arts (that do not involve striking) and a specially formulated team approach make this one of the leading methods for medical intervention available today. This course has been taught to thousands of Health care Workers, Ambulance Drivers and Public Safety Personnel and has proven to be effective in the field situation and emergency environment. This method is used in major hospitals throughout the United States.
Advanced International Training Opportunities:
At Martial Arts USA, our affiliations provide a variety of opportunities for students to travel throughout the U.S. and Korea for advanced specialized training. Our members have participated in many extensive programs in such locations as:
• United States Olympic Training Center (Colorado Springs, USA)
• Kukkiwon-World Taekwondo Headquarters (Seoul, Korea)
• Taekwondowon-World Taekwondo Park (Muju, Korea)
• Korea University (Seoul, Korea)
• Korea National Physical Education University (Seoul, Korea)
• Kyung Hee University (Seoul Korea)
• Yong In University(Yong In, Korea)
• Chung Cheong College (Chungcheongbukdo, Korea)
• Korea National Police University (Gyeonggi, Korea)
• Seoul National High School Taekwondo Team Main Gym (Seoul, Korea)
• Korea Ki Do Headquarters (Busan, Korea)
• Korea Taekwondo Moo Duk Kwan Headquarters (Seoul, Korea)
• World Moo Duk Kwan (Tang Soo Do) General Federation HQ (Seoul, Korea)
• Korea Soo Bahk Do Association, Moo Duk Kwan HQ (Seoul, Korea)